Your sex drive,also known as libido, can be increased by simply eating the right and certain kinds of foods. If your sex drive needs a jump start, you may be able to start your engine again by simply following these tips.
Need to spice up your sex life? All the ingredients you need may be found at your local grocery store.
To really get your blood going, consider circulation-enhancing dishes. Food that’s high in Omega-3 fatty acids such as mackerel, salmon and wild salmon are best. “Omega-3 makes your nervous system function better.”
Improved circulation results in greater erectile response. To accomplish that, go for food rich in L-Arginine, such as granola, oatmeal, peanuts, cashews, walnuts, dairy, green vegetables, root vegetables, garlic, ginseng, soybeans, chickpeas and seeds. Studies show that L-Arginine is helpful for improving sexual function in men. There haven’t been studies done on women — but remember, erectile response isn’t just a guy thing. “Women have erections too.
For a good time, try soy
One thing they can do is change their diet. Soy, for example, binds estrogen receptors, which helps the vaginal area remain lubricated and combats symptoms of menopause — particularly hot flashes. Studies have shown that soy is also beneficial to the prostate, a crucial male sex organ. However, it’s important to note that women who have a history of breast cancer should not eat large amounts of soy, because the binding of estrogen receptors actually increases the risk of reoccurrence.
Foods that promote weight loss also hold libido-boosting potential. “There has been very solid research showing that obesity is a risk factor for erectile dysfunction and low testosterone,” says Dr. Ridwan Shabsigh, “Reducing weight,” he says, “results in an increase of testosterone, and thus an increase in sexual function.“
‘Good for your heart, good for your penis’
- From an erection standpoint, anything that’s good for your heart is good for your penis. Too much saturated fat can, over time, clog arteries and, in doing so, prevent an adequate flow of blood from reaching the genital region. This not only interferes with the ability to perform, but also with sexual pleasure. Too little fat, on the other hand, is also bad.
- Many foods can naturally raise your level of testosterone, therefore, increasing your sexual performance, drive, and urges. Testosterone production is dependent on Zinc and Vitamin B so it is important to eat plenty of foods where these are abundant.
- To really get your blood going, consider circulation-enhancing dishes. Food that’s high in Omega-3 fatty acids such as mackerel, salmon and wild salmon are best. Avocados contain high levels of Vitamin B which also helps increase testosterone production. As an added bonus, the potassium in avocados regulates the thyroid gland, which in turn enhances female libido.makes your nervous system function better.
- Bananas are also rich in the B vitamins, plus they are great for giving extra energy. Many believe bananas are a natural aphrodisiac.
- Men. Want to make yourself irresistible to women? Crunch on celery throughout the day. Not only is it a healthy snack, but celery contains androsterone, which is a hormone released through male perspiration and turns women on.
- Figs are believed to increase sexual stamina in both men and women.
- Almonds and other nuts are vital for healthy production of hormones.
- Salmon and other fish are also packed full of B Vitamins.
- Brown Rice, Turkey, and Cheese all have high levels of Zinc, so why not make a casserole using all three, serve it to your honey, and be ready for a great night for both of you!
- Nuts are chock full of B3, a vitamin that aids in beauty, emotional stability and energy.
- Chili pepper’s another food to help your blood circulation and it also stimulates your nerve endings, making for more pleasure in your pounce.